Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Surprise for Jamie

Last year, we cleaned out our spare room & let Jamie have it for a bedroom so all 3 kids could have their own room.

Because it was a room we planned on using for storage when we moved in, my Dad had built shelves on 2 walls. As you can see to the right, it gave us a lot of shelves, but it didn't make for a very nice room. So, I moved school stuff off the shelves & put all her books on one section. I emptied the other section for her stuff. I then put any other books we wouldn't need frequently on the other 2 sections.
Then today, my Dad & I installed white board (like you use in bathrooms) to the front of the other 2 sections. So now Jamie has a big wall to create on. I found a border at United Art & Education that I love to cover the seams.

I also bought her washable dry erase markers. I put her name in the middle.

I wrote Provers 31:30 on one side.

I wrote her favorite verse, John 3:16 on the other side.

This is a close up of the border. It has 4 pictures & verses that go across.

These verses are then repeated.

I love the pictures.

And the verses.

Then there are 4 more pictures that are repeated on the sides.


I love these & hope Jamie will too.















I can't wait for her to see her surprise when she gets home from her Grandparents tomorrow. I hope she really likes it.





No comments: