Thursday, June 30, 2011

How did I live before the internet/cell phones?

This week I haven't had internet/wifi at home because I've been painting. So, I've been using my iPhone. Well, this morning I woke up to no cell service or home phone service. Normally, not a big deal. But since my internet isn't hooked back up & running, I was basically cut off from the tech world.

Ahhhhhh........... I couldn't handle it. I felt so isolated. So I am very thankful my phone service is back up! I'm at McDonald's now letting the kids play so I can surf & blog & just be online. I was having internet withdrawal. Isn't that crazy?? I mean, I lived half my life without internet & most of my life without an iPhone. But now I'm so lost without it.

I think for me, just know it wasn't working, even if I didn't want to use it, was what bugged me.  I like the security of knowing I could get ahold of someone if I needed to. If Hubby was home, I might have felt differently.

So, could you survive without internet or cell phones? I know I couldn't!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Isn't it funny how we grow so accustomed to certain things. I still remember the days of going to computer lab in school and playing "Oregon Trail" (perhaps you played that too) I just wonder what the future holds for our kids...I'm sure it will be crazy! Hope all is well with you :)