Sunday, August 17, 2008

The night before...

So It's the night before Hubby's first flight out for his new job. I'm finding myself a little anxious, not because I don't want him to go, but because I have so much to do to get him ready.

The other night I was really struggling with all this. All I could do was cry out to the Lord. I had to confess my self focus. I was focused on what I had to do to make all this work. It's not me! It has to be God. I can't do it. I'm too emotional & too selfish! I'm going to trust in God & His Word. That will the only way I can do this.

So as I walk this road, I will bury myself in God's Word & cry out to Him when I need hope. As Pastor Bryan said today, "Secure God's Word to your heart & you'll always have the hope you need to press forward." So God is going to be my hope & He will give me stability during the change ahead. And when God's Word becomes my stability, I will be come stability for others (namely my children).

No comments: