Saturday, April 26, 2008

Where have I been?

So, I stink at keeping this thing updated. I really need to stay on top of it, but I just can't seem to do it reliably. This week, I'll blame it on my hubby's schedule. He's working crazy hours so my schedule & the kids' schedules are all thrown off. It's a good thing our school year is officially over. We still have a few days worth of work to finish off our books for this year, but we have our 180 days in already.

We grilled out this afternoon & enjoyed the beautiful weather. The kids' had a blast playing on the playground. Then we did a little schoolwork with Princess while Little Princes & D-Dog picked up toys. Then we ate supper. Then Miss Elaine came over. She & I watched a movie while the kids played Legos upstairs. They played together so well today.

Little Princess sat on the potty today - 3 times. This is a big success as previously she would just walk into the bathroom & look at the potty chair & scream. I got her a seat that goes on the big toilet & she cried a little when I put her on it, but quickly calmed down so I could read to her. She got a sticker each time she sat on the potty. We put a yellow (her favorite color) piece of paper on the wall by the bathroom door so she could put her stickers on it. This is a start! Hopefully she will catch on & start asking to "go potty".

The kids are all in bed now & Hubby won't be home for another hour. So I am going to go relax & watch a little tv. Have a wonderful night!

No comments: