Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Where do I draw my strength from?

Today has been a day that I would rather be in bed. I'm achy (fibromyalgia flare caused by the cold air) and I'm fighting a headache. The headache makes me want to crawl in bed & just stay there. But, I can't. Hubby works noon to 10pm today. So I've had to be alert & focused on the kids. So, how do I do it?

It's hard, but my strength comes from the Lord. "I love You Lord, my strength!"(Psalm 18:1) "But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble." (Psalm 59:16)

I cry out to God during these times of pain & misery. He has never failed me yet! Some days, He eases the pain. Some days He just gives me extra-ordinary strength to prevail over the pain. Other days, He just holds me as I walk through the pain. But God is always faithful to give me a way through it.

So today I will cling to my Savior & He will be my strength! He is all I need. He is all you need! "And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19)

No comments: