Monday, September 12, 2011

Thoughts as Hubby packs...

I've been so blessed to have my wonderful Hubby home for the past 3 weeks. We've had some great family & couple time. I'm so thankful to God for this time together.

As I'm sitting here typing, Hubby is packing his tech. He leaves in 1 1/2 hrs for the airport. He's only gone 4 nights this week. Even though I know it's only a short time, I'm already missing him. You'd think by now, I would be used to this. But I don't know that I'll ever be used to him leaving me.

I find myself stopping a lot as I type to watch him pack. After 23 years together (almost 21 of marriage) I still like watching him. I continually thank God for him & for the fact that I am so in love with him. I see so many marriages around me either struggling or ending. I know that it is only because of God's grace we are not.

I'm so grateful that next week I will get the opportunity to travel with Hubby for 10 days! Can't wait to spend time in San Jose with my sweetheart! I am so blessed to have wonderful parents & in-laws who love to take our kids, even for 10 days!

As I think of Hubby's traveling, I am excited at the prospect of him being on this side of the country after New Years. Hopefully we will get to travel with him some as a family. All that family time plus wonderful field trip opportunities sounds awesome to me.

Well, Hubby's about done packing & will be leaving soon so I'm getting off here till later! Look for a post later this week on the Women's Retreat at our church & True Beauty.

No comments: