Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Blindsided!

You'd think after living with Fibromyalgia for almost 15 years I would know how this disease works. But every once in awhile, I get blindsided with this disease!

With fibromyalgia, you have good days & bad days. Sometimes you have several good days in a row. When you have the good days, you tend to overdo because you feel so good.

Lots of things can cause you to have a bad day. Overdoing is just one of them. Weather also plays a big part in how you feel. My body is a human barometer! I can feel storm systems before they move in to the area. Storms tend to make me feel achy. Being very busy or very stressed can also cause flare-ups. Not sleeping well can cause flare-ups. When you combine everything, you have the makings for a severe flare-up.

Normally when I have a busy week, I build in time to rest. This week I did not do that. I went from activity to activity with little time for rest. We stayed up late, got up early & had constant activities going on. Plus, I was feeling really good. I had very little pain.

Having very little pain lures me into a false sense of everything being ok & I don't need to rest. This morning I woke up feeling horrid. I felt exhausted & achy all over. This put me in a very bad mood because I wasn't expecting it. Also my mind is very foggy. I think this is worse than the pain. When my mind is foggy, even the easiest tasks become hard.

Fortunately, my Hubby is home this week & has been working with the kids on schoolwork. His help has made this day bearable.

Note to self: The next time you have a really busy schedule remember you are going to flare!
Note to everyone: Please excuse errors in this as spelling & grammar go out the window during fibro-fog!

No comments: