Saturday, March 16, 2013

Be faithful!

I never thought going to see a long-time friend would humble me so much. My friend, who I've known since age 4, is battling complications of cancer. I went to see her & to try to encourage her. She ended up encouraging me & showing me how God has been working through me over the years. It is so humbling.

As I look back at my life, it isn't too spectacular. I don't have a big back story. No big tragedy or rebellion. I have awesome parents. I did ok in school. I wasn't a trouble maker. I had a few friends, but wasn't really popular. I always felt like I didn't fit in. Part of that was because I gave my life to Jesus at a young age. I was always reading my Bible, even in school. I didn't cuss, I didn't drink or smoke & I followed the rules. I was labelled a "goody-two shoes" & teased a lot.

Even as an adult, I haven't strayed much. I'm not trying to brag, but trying to point out that my life has been pretty boring. I never thought I had much of a testimony.

So, back to the visit with my friend. We chatted about the old days. Then she thanked me. I couldn't imagine what for. She thanked me for being faithful to God. For not swaying. I was immediately overwhelmed & humbled. I really thought my life was so insignificant in God's whole scheme of things. In a second, I saw how God has used my life.

I say all this to encourage you to keep walking with Christ! Keep following Him even when you get teased or ignored. Keep faithful even when your life doesn't seem to matter. Because it does matter! God is using your life. You may not see it until 20 or 30 years later, or maybe not until you get to heaven. Your faithfulness reflects God's faithfulness! It encourages others to seek God more. It draws those who are seeking to God. They want what you have. So Press on!!!

I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:14 KJV)

No comments: