Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Cookies & Candy

It's Christmas Baking season! The kids & I went through recipes & settled on 18 different ones to try & make. Here's our list. The stuff on the left is things I'll have them help make if they get their rooms cleaned up. But it's looking like I'll get all the fun of cooking by myself.
 Last night I made 5 batches of Easy Fantasy Fudge. That's 15 pounds of fudge!!
Today I tried nut-free Russian Tea cakes for the first time. They are delicious! I don't even miss the nuts!
 I made oatmeal cookies. 1 batch without raisins & 1 batch with raisins.
I also made Chocolate covered cherry cookies. These are a favorite of mine but they are very rich. 
 This is a new recipe I tried called Chocolate Mint Brownies. It's pretty good.
That's all I've made so far. I'm may try 1 or 2 more things today but I'm on a break so I don't over do it. Tomorrow I will hopefully bake with the kids. I'll post more pictures as I cook! Merry Christmas!!

No comments: