Thursday, May 8, 2008

Luckiest Girl in the World

Have you ever had one of those moments where you realize just how blessed you are? I'm sitting here listening to it rain & am overwhelmed by the fact that I have a big wonderful house that keeps us dry & warm.

Then as I listen to the kids playing, 3 more blessings come to mind. So many people struggle to have children & I have 3 wonderful, healthy children. They may need disciplined sometimes, but overall they are really great kids.


I have a wonderful family that loves me & supports me. I couldn't ask for more wonderful parents or in-laws. They all love God & teach my children that love. They love to take the kids when Hubby & I need to do things. I also have a wonderful brother & sister-in-law who share their farm with us! If it wasn't for them, my kids would not know anything about the country & farm life!
I am blessed to have a church that teaches the Bible. Our church is our family. They support us & love us. They love my kids & all the teachers really care about them & their spiritual walk. I have friends that love me & my family &
make sure I am walking the right path! (Thank you!!)

But my biggest blessing here on earth is my hubby. I don't know how I landed him, but he's one of a kind! He loves me! He is not only my hubby, but he i
s my best friend. I love hanging out with him & 

spending time with him. He knows how to make me laugh when I really need it. He knows how to de-stress me, & how to get me to talk. He provides for me & the kids. He spoils me! He puts up with all my faults & goofs. He leads our family & works hard to make sure we are cared for. He helps around the house & he plays with the kids! I know I make him sound perfect, but he isn't. None of us are. We have our share of disagreements but no matter what, I know he loves me! (even when I don't always show love to him!) At the end of the day, there's no one I'd rather be with. He's my knight in shining armour! He rescues me from myself & I love him so much!

You know, I don't know why God has blessed me so much. I just know that I love God & He blesses those who love Him (Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. Ephesians 1:3) I am going to sit here & count my blessings & praise God for every one of them. That is the perfect thing to do on a rainy, dreary day that would normally cause me to be down. So the next time you feel down, why don't you join me & count your blessings. You might find out you are the luckiest girl (or guy) in the world!




No comments: